Skip to main content

No One Understands Like Jesus

In all my growing up, Baptist church going years I don't recall ever hearing or singing this particular hymn.  That doesn't mean much because how could anyone possibly remember all the hymns sung over the course of 20 years or so?!?  :)  Back in 6th Grade I took a class at church on Sunday nights.  I learned music theory and other things pertaining to music.  As my graduation gift my teachers gave me a hymnal with my name engraved on it and took the time to write encouraging notes inside of it.  All these years I have treasured that hymnal.  A couple of years back I thought I had lost it and I felt so sad at the thought of it being gone so imagine my relief and delight when I re-discovered it!  Not only do I read and sing the hymns contained in it with a new heart and perspective that I couldn't possibly have had in 6th grade but I read the notes my wonderful teachers wrote to me and I realize, once again, that how I see myself is not how others see me.  I think perhaps others see me with clearer vision than I see myself.  But that's a thought to expound on in a blog not here!  ;)  Although it does lead to the message of this song.  No one understands me like Jesus.  I don't even understand me like Jesus does!  He knitted me together in my mother's womb and as he did so he also knitted together all the parts of me that make up my giftings and personality.  He understands me at a depth that I probably will never understand.  What a comfort I find that to be.  I love that in all my times, the joyful and the sad ones and all the ones that fall in between those, he understands.  I used to ask God to meet me there in my places but then I realized he already is there and is waiting for ME to meet HIM there!  :)  He's already there and waiting because he understands.  What a friend we have in Jesus indeed.  He understands us like nobody else can or does. 

No One Understands Like Jesus (David Wyper)
No One Understands Like Jesus (Jeramy Martinez)
No One Understands Like Jesus (James Bignon and the Deliverance Mass Choir)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path

Affirmation Day 281