Skip to main content

I Will Love You Monday (365)

If you type into YouTube's search engine "songs about Mondays" you will get this one, "Monday Monday" by The Mamas & The Papas, and some other random stuff.  I would think that as much as people hate Mondays there would be more songs about that!  :)
I almost picked The Mamas & The Papas...until I decided to give this song a chance.  And I like it!  I've never heard of Aura Dione.  I have no idea where she hails from but she has a lot of qualitites that remind me of Lily Allen and Lady Gaga.  She has a great voice and she doesn't try to cover it up with too much weird stuff.  She's weird and unique (I checked out some of her other videos, she dresses strange but her voice is great!) 
I'm pretty sure the song is referring to the "you" as a person and not the day Monday BUT since it never clearly specifies I decided to make it all about Monday today!  If you listen to the words it really could become about trying to love the day Monday.  :)  And that's not even that much of a stretch!  
Mondays are funny to me.  Poor Mondays.  They get such a bad rap.  I decided a couple of years back to quit hating on Mondays and embrace them.  After all, Psalm 118:24 says (emphasis mine), "This IS the day the Lord has made, let us REJOICE in it and be glad!"  And I'm pretty sure that scripture includes the hated, dreaded Mondays... :)
I choose to rejoice in Mondays and when I look at it through the eyes of God then they aren't all that bad!  
Happy Monday!  
 
I Will Love You Monday (365)

Comments

  1. I enjoyed the video- a little strange, but the shoes cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path

Affirmation Day 281