Skip to main content

Naturally

Confession:  I have this song on my iPod rotation.  I can't help it!  It's catchy and I live in a house with two girls who watch Disney Channel and this plays! Gimme a break!  :)
Selena Gomez is another hand picked Disney star who doesn't just sing or act, she does both.  She also is dating a younger man these days.  Her and Bieber are reportedly dating.  Why does an 18 year old girl date a 16 year old boy?  Beyond me but whatever.  
So Selena sings decent.  It is my theory that Disney picks their stars based more on their vocal abilities than their acting abilities.  For me personally I think that is why they originally picked Demi Lovato. In the acting department I think she is very weak but her singing is decent, better than decent actually.  Selena, however, is very decent in both departments thereby making her Disney gold.  Perhaps you could say it comes to her naturally.  (Oh I had to do it!  Hahaha!)
About the song.  On an adult level the chorus makes me think about being comfortable in your own skin.  When you are there is nothing more alluring or sexy.  Being comfortable in your own skin sends a message to others and it is engaging.  I think that is where this song is headed, just on a younger level of course!  :)

Naturally

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 281