Skip to main content

At The Foot Of The Cross

One of my most favorite songs...ever. And Kathryn Scott has a voice that draws me in to worship.  It doesn't highlight her but highlights HIM.  
So much has happened and continues to happen at the foot of the cross.  
Our first glimpse of salvation happened there and we can still glimpse salvation there today.  At the foot of the cross Jesus transferred his death to life so that you and I could live eternally with him.  I think about what happened at the foot of the cross in the moment that Jesus hung there.  He made sure his Mama was taken care of, he gave forgiveness, he exhibited grace and compassion in the midst of searing pain, he looked out on the people gathered and offered his very breath for them even though they mocked him.  That grace was noticed by a few.  I think about what happens at the foot of the cross TODAY.  Yes, today.  Jesus makes sure that we are taken care of, he gives forgiveness, he exhibits grace and compassion in the midst of our sin, he looks out on us and offers life even though we have mocked him with actions and words.  And still his grace is only really noticed by a few.  Many people, some I know personally, approach the cross and mock Jesus.  If only they could understand that he looks on them with love and he wants to be in relationship with them.  If only they could get past their own minds.  I have witnessed the minds of people become the biggest stumbling block to the foot of the cross.  Get over your mind and you will find beauty and grace and life at the foot of the cross. 
 
"You've won my heart and now I'll trade these ashes in for beauty and wear forgiveness like a crown.  Coming to kiss the feet of mercy I'll lay every burden down at the foot of the cross..." 

At The Foot Of The Cross

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path