For as long as I can remember I have been grateful for dusk. Something about the sky and its colors, something about the way the day is winding down sets me at ease. I begin to breathe a little slower, to unwind from the day that was all go since daybreak. At dusk, if only for a minute or two, I feel the softness of the world that surrounds me and I breathe deep with gratefulness.
I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.
Comments
Post a Comment