I'm not very good at playtime. (This may or may not come as a surprise to *you*. Pst, I'm being just a wee bit sarcastic.) I'm too much of a "do-er" to be good at playtime. This doesn't mean I don't recognize the value in playtime, I'm just not very good at it. But today I was grateful that I allowed myself space for playtime with my nephew. I just decided to let go of myself and play with him and we had a great time! I have made these letter bags for him and I to discover together. Each bag focuses on a letter of the alphabet and the items in the bag, be it pictures or actual items, start with that letter. We opened "F" today and I had put a small flashlight in there for him. So we turned on the flashlight and went exploring in all the dark places of Papa and Gma's house and then we jumped on a bed in the dark with the flashlight. And I was grateful for playtime with my sweet boy.
I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.
I should do these for my littles!
ReplyDelete