Skip to main content

For Sunday, April 28: Quit selling yourself short

Maybe everyone can live beyond what they're capable of.  Markus Zusak, I am the Messenger

Do you sell yourself short?  You know what I mean.  You don't allow credit to come your way for something you've done that's pretty great, you refuse to acknowledge your successes, etc.  See?  You DO know what I mean.  As we keep ignoring the successes in our life and camp at the places of failure we eventually live "down" instead of "up".  We begin to work at lower levels of capability, we don't try as hard in the areas where all we can camp on are the failures - be that parenting, weight loss, work performance, relationships, etc.  And maybe you have tried to live "up" but someone in your life is a voice that keeps you "down".  Those kind of people require a backbone from you.  You must grow one, recognize you have worth and can live "up", and stand up to their voice of negativity with a resounding voice of courage.  Or maybe you have the voice of living "down" in your life rather than "up".  Knock it off.  We are usually pretty deceived to our true selves - in all ways.  So risk hearing hard and good things and ask someone who you think knows you pretty good to speak into your life.  Ask them to tell you ways they see you living "up" or ways in which they see the potential for you to live "up".  Take what they say about the ways they see you living "down" and begin the work of believing that you are worth it, you can live beyond where you are standing right now, and you have the abilities to do so.  Living beyond where we are at right now starts simply: believing you can.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path