Skip to main content

For Monday, April 15: Saying Yes

When you are shaken out of your comfortable routines, grip My [God] hand tightly and look for growth opportunities.  Instead of bemoaning the loss of your comfort, accept the challenge of something new. I [God] lead you on from glory to glory, making you fit for My kingdom.  Say yes to the ways I [God] work in your life.  Trust me and don't be afraid.  Sarah Young, Jesus Calling - April 15

Well if today's quote for the day doesn't fit my life recently I'm not sure what does.  I think the second sentence is the one that really gets me.  "Instead of bemoaning the loss of your comfort, accept the challenge of something new."  Yep.  That's pretty much where I'm at.   It's been hard to leave the comfort of Young Life and the work I do there.  And I've been trying not to bemoan it but I have been.  It's been hard to gather up the energy to leave the comfortable and allow myself to be challenged.  But you know what?  If I say "no" then I'm saying "no" to personal growth, to God's desire to work in my life, to new things that could end up being really good.  If I say "no" then I am telling God I don't trust him with my life.  If I say "no" then I am letting fear have a hold on me.  So I say "yes" even though I'm unsure and afraid and "bemoaning".  I say "yes" and I get to see God do some radical things in my life.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path