Skip to main content

Affirmative Action

The next time God calls you to do something completely inexplicable, be open to it. And say yes. Jim Mellado, Compassion International's next President

Ever wanted to do something but thought to yourself, or had others tell you, things like:
That's crazy to even consider!
But that makes no sense!
There's no way that can work out.
etc etc etc

Right?  We've all done that or perhaps are currently doing that.  Usually we stall out and never take action on what it might be.  But a few have been willing to say yes and those are the few that we hold up in high esteem for being courageous and risk takers.  The good news is we can be courageous and risk takers also.  We just have to be open to the adventures we will most certainly travel through to get to the destination.  We have to take the first step which is say "yes" to that thing and then trust the path that God opens up in front of us.  If God calls us to it, asks us to go on adventure with him, then we must trust that he will open up the path.  It may only be a couple of steps at a time but if he's in it then we can trust him for it.  We can trust him for the steps to take, the length of the journey, the outcome of the journey, and all the in between that happens.  
What is inexplicable for me may not be for you and vice versa.  But God knows what you and I need in order to grow and be refined.  So the next time he asks you to participate in something inexplicable take affirmative action and watch what happens because of your trust!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path