Skip to main content

For Sunday, April 14: What happens when you are the Mommy but you need your Mommy?!

When you find yourself locked in the bathroom, sobbing on the floor because you've just had enough, that does not mean you have failed as a mother.  Being a mother is hard.  That is not failure. That is fact.  Remind yourself of that.  Unknown

Can I get a witness?  If you are a Mom you may have found yourself in a similar position at some point.  I know I have.  Usually I'm not curled up on the bathroom floor (I have issues with that) but usually I am curled up figuratively and I am sobbing at the most inopportune times.  Like in front of people, while driving, in the shower (the best place as far as I'm concerned), in the middle of a sentence, etc.  You get the picture and maybe you have your own inopportune time story.
Sometimes the fear I get from parenting in today's world threatens to completely overtake me.  It's tough and I'm not sure I have the energy for it.  Scratch that.  I'm not sure I have the confidence or the ability to parent well.  I am all too aware of my shortcomings as a person and a parent and so sometimes the fear of parenting grips my heart and I find myself lying awake into the hours of the night begging God to help me.  Good news for me is that he does.
And there are those days that all I want is my Mommy.  And some days I do call her and other days I breathe deep and remember that I am the Mommy.  This Mom thing is not for the faint of heart, perhaps you've heard me say that before.  It requires determination, endurance, consistency, patience, maturity.  And just because I may have days that feel and even are failures doesn't mean that overall I have failed.  It just means that I need fresh grace and mercy the next day when I wake up to do it all over again.  And if it means that for me then it means it for you also.
How about you?  Do you relate to today's quote and the feelings of motherhood being tough?  I think about my friends who don't have their Mommies to fall back on and I want you to know that I love you and I'm sorry you don't have that in your life.  You are rock stars!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path