Skip to main content

Are you depositing or withdrawing today?

Life-giving people make an enormous impact in subtle ways.  Chris Hodges

Are you a life-giver?  If you are you probably don't know it.  Most life-giving people are totally unaware that they are making a difference in the lives of others.  And if they are told they are they wonder about it, seem confused by it, etc. See life-giving people are just doing what comes "naturally" to them.  Did you know we are all created to be life-givers?  And yet some of us, too many of us really, are actually sucking the life out of people.  I call them "hoovers".  :)  We give life in a million different but usually very small and subtle ways. We can also suck the life out of people in very small and subtle ways.  We all have within us the potential to make an enormous impact, it is up to us what kind of impact to make.
I don't know about you but I would prefer to be known as a life-giver rather than a hoover.  I mean right?  Who wants to be known for sucking the life out of people because of negative attitude or behaviors, high maintenance personality, critical spirit, poor work ethic, etc etc?  Doesn't it sound better to be known for having an optimistic outlook, grateful heart, a compromising attitude, etc etc?  It's up to you, daily, to decide if you are going to make a deposit or a withdrawal in the lives of others.  Choose your impact wisely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path