Skip to main content

You Are All I'm After

Coffey Anderson is a virtual unknown right now but I bet his name will gain some recognition in the next few years.  He is incredibly talented vocally and musically.  AND can we please just talk about how cool his name is?!  :)  Coffey?  C'mon, what a great name and his beautiful skin matches his name.  You just have to think he's cool!
Coffey's voice is smooooooooth.  And I downloaded his album and it is an interesting mix of black gospel and contemporary worship.  He did throw in on his album a version, hip hoppish in style, of the classic Father Abraham!  I've included it today as a bonus just because if I get it stuck in my head I need some company! HA! 
Today's song was put on my radar thanks to one of my bestie's, Jodi.  She shot it my way and knows me well.  She knew I would like it.  :) 
Today's song is such a great proclamation of faith in Christ.  A couple of lines in there that are so important when it comes to accepting God and his gift of salvation.  "Your blood is stronger than my sin, your grace is bigger than my failure."  Once we get that and I really mean GET that then we can begin to believe God is real.  God is the only valid solution to any problem, the only true healing for any wound, the only true answer to the questions.  You may not like that, you may disagree with it but it doesn't change God and who he really is.  He does not, should not, can not fit into OUR ideas but rather we must transform to fit to him.  The disbelief of many of the facts about God come from trying to make him fit to us rather than seeing that we must fit to him.  Wow, that was soapbox I didn't intend to pull out.  It's best saved for a different blog so I'll put it back away for now and just hope that you receive joy in listening to today's song and you can also say that God is all you are after, not that you are after to make God conform to your ideas and perspectives but that you are after HIS.  And warning: his will rub you wrong, his will offend you, his will make you a little mad "at him" but his are the narrow path and because he is sovereign.  He truly does know what is best and we may think we do but really we don't.  :)

You Are All I'm After (beach version!)
You Are All I'm After (studio cut)
Father Abraham

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path