Skip to main content

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

I find the lead singer of Green Day to be a wee bit creepy.  There.  My confession is out and I feel so much better.  :) He has dead eyes.  Very strange.  Anyway.  This song fits in well with my theme week last week BUT I didn't use it so today it is!  :) 
This song I actually first heard done as a parody so I can't help but fill in lyrics with the parody instead of the real thing.  But looking up the lyrics to make sure I was hearing the real song and not the funny version I found that I really do love the sentiment of this song.  It's another one of those that verbalizes taking advantage of moments and capturing them.  I have always loved the idea of taking snapshots of moments and capturing them like you would with a camera.  Photography draws me, always has and so the idea of using it to capture moments pulls at me. 
When all is said and done at the end of your life will you be able to say that through the whole of life - good and bad - you had the time of your life? 
I will be able to.  Why?  Well you know I have to say it!  Because of Jesus.  He makes my life worth it on every level. 
Have a great day!  I'll be at Young Life's Frontier Ranch today experiencing Young Life as a 36 year old "camper"!  No doubt having the time of my life!!  :)

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path