Skip to main content

I Put A Hex On You

Wow.  Does Candye Kane have a voice!  And her band backs her up in smooth and beautiful ways.  I have never heard of her before my friend, Misty, shot this song my way for the experiment.  Forget the words for a moment, especially if they get a rise out of you, and listen to Kane's voice and Laura Chavez's guitar playing.  A-MAZING.  In today's pop and hip-hop saturated culture this voice and this music is refreshing.  It's earthy, real, and unique.  To really read a review of the band from someone who knows way more than I ever will about music and such, click here.  It's a great review of the album Kane released in 2009. 
Kane is in the Blues genre and rightfully so.  I love her voice and her style.  And her band can play.  As a group they go the range.  They are impressive to say the least. 
I'm not going to focus on the lyrics of today's song.  They are funny but cause much controversy and I don't feel like going there today.  :)  But if any of you wonder, "does Beth believe in hexes?!?"  The answer is, "nope."  Okay so there's as much as I'm gonna say today about it!  :) 
Have a great day!

I Put A Hex On You
BONUS SONG! Kane has a great sense of humor about herself, check out Great Big Woman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path