Skip to main content

August 26, 2015

National Dog Day
Apparently dog's really are man's best friend. In developed countries that is. :)

Women's Equality Day


White women work 59 days for free. Black women, 94 days. Hispanic women 117 days. Put another way, it's as if after July 21 (Hispanic women) August 21 (Black women) or October 16 (white women) don't receive a paycheck. Annually.

Uh. Really?  It is the year 2015 people. Seriously. 

2014’s Best and Worst States for Women’s Equality
History of Women and Equality
What Are the Roots of Gender Inequality? Women's Rights, Race and Reproduction


About a year ago John Oliver weighed in on the Gender Gap...



Hug Your Boss Day
If it's appropriate give a real human touch hug, if it's not appropriate then give him/her some Hershey hugs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path