Skip to main content

August 1, 2015

National Mustard Day
There's a Mustard Museum!
Mustard is good for your health
Mustard Varieties
Gourmet Mustards

National Raspberry Cream Pie Day
What's New and Beneficial About Raspberries
Fresh Red Raspberry Cream Pie

International Childfree Day 
This day is for the couples who are childfree.
Some choose not to have kids and others haven't been able to.
Hear from some who have chosen not to have kids:
Childfree Adults Are Not “Selfish”
Not 'selfish': Women open up about choosing to be child-free
9 reasons not having kids is the best decision I ever made
Hear from some who have not been able to have kids:
Infertility: 16 Things You Should Never Say To A Woman Who Is Childless But Not By Choice
Therapists' top ten tips for coping with fertility problems
Mothers, stop moaning!
This Is How It Feels To Be Unable To Conceive A Child

Today is a day to practice empathy for couples unable to conceive and to refrain from any judgement toward couples who have made a choice to be child free.

Yorkshire Day
A History of Yorkshire

Rounds Resounding Day
If you sang at church and sang songs in a round chances are good it was these songs, this round arrangement.  I know it was for me. :)

Girlfriends Day
If you have a girlfriend then today do something unique and special for her.  Try to think outside of the box and be creative.

Mead Day
For their wedding reception my brother and sister-in-love named each of the guests tables for Mead. So fun that it coincides with this day!  Brad and Adele are Homebrewers and Mead was one way they incorporated that part of themselves into the wedding.
What is Mead? 

World Wide Web Day
Um, don't we already "celebrate" or observe this day every day?!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path