Skip to main content

August 12, 2015

Middle Child's Day
Are you a middle child?  Do you feel the 'middle child syndrome' often talked about?
My brother is a middle child and I am really certain he has never felt invisible or ignored!  But I know others who have.  How real is middle child syndrome?
24 Reasons The Middle Child Is (By Far) The Coolest Child
The Secret Powers of Middle Children
Famous Middle Children

Vinyl Record Day  
I'm so old that I listened to LOTS of music on vinyl records before they went the way of the antique! I had a record player and loved listening to my Dad's Swing music albums, The Beach Boys, and Reader's Digest Christmas Albums on vinyl. My parents also had a pretty large '45 collection and they had bought us kids various books on record etc to listen to.  So much of my childhood has memories of music and stories from spinning the vinyl.  How about you? Did you ever get to listen to vinyl records?
The History of Vinyl Records
Dreams of Vinyl

International Youth Day
The Timeline and History of Youth Day
Investing in the future of our youth
Youth matters: invest in young people to build a better future
Join in the debate: Do you think we invest enough in the youth and their future?
Investing in Our Youth and Making a Difference


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path