Skip to main content

August 18, 2015

Bad Poetry Day
Here's some bad poems for your enjoyment

Mail Order Catalog Day
The History of Mail Order
The History of the Mail Order Catalog
Catalogs Around the World
Flipping Through History: Online Retailers Owe Popularity And Tax Treatment To Mail Order Catalogs
I have really fond memories of mail order catalogs from back in my younger days. Everyone would get the same department store catalogs in the mail and each Fall my brothers and I would sit down with pencil and paper and comb through all the catalogs. We would carefully list item and page number for things we wanted from each store and then send those lists to our grandparents for Christmas gift ideas!  I loved those catalogs!

You know what is crazy?!  I remember looking through these actual catalogs!
Talk about a flashback! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path