I'm grateful for cooking. I'm grateful that I learned how...eventually. :) I'm also grateful that my family seems to like and appreciate my cooking. When I have the space and time I love to make delicious food that I know will make the taste buds of those I feed it to smile. I love understanding how things come together to be delicious. When I don't have time and space I'm a little less grateful for cooking but overall I am so thankful that I like it so much. Today I spent the day cooking up 14 freezer meals. If I don't make up freezer meals about once a month then my family is usually resorting to eating popcorn for dinner. :) This Mama is busy and freezer meals are ensuring they eat something at least 19 evenings out of the month (I also participate in a cook group that makes up 5 freezer meals a month)! *grin*
I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.
Comments
Post a Comment