Skip to main content

Bless The Broken Road

I love this song.  From the moment Rascal Flatts, whom I LOVE, released it I have loved it.  Such a powerful song on two levels. 
When you find the one, the one that God designed for you, it's as if the journey to find them was worth it.  Like the song says, all the others just serve as northern stars pointing the way.  True, sincere, honest, authentic love heals.  There's a quote out there that says (in effect), being loved by someone deeply gives us strength but loving someone deeply gives us courage.  How has authentic loved healed you?  How has it made the journey worth it for you?
Take that to a spiritual level (of course!).  We journey along life's roads trying to find true, sincere, honest, authentic love in things and people when only God can and will provide what we are looking for.  And all the things we try, and all the things that fail in the attempt, serve as northern stars pointing the way to God.  His love heals and makes the journey worth it.
My hope for you is that you will or have found the one in this life that God designed for you and that most importantly you find God, who is waiting for you and loves you with authentic, healing love. 


Bless The Broken Road

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 281

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits