Skip to main content

#SomewhereSunday





My #SomewhereSunday destination today is Spain. Barcelona is on my oldest daughter's bucket list as #1 and I hope someday I can make that happen for her...and tag along. *wink* I tend to lean more toward the European countries for places I want to go but Spain does land on my list and once I did a little more exploring it's easy to see why. 
Spain is a big enough country that my tour guide of choice, Rick Steves, couldn't do it all in one tour so he broke up Spain into different regions. If you have the time explore Spain along with Rick Steves - I'll include a few of the videos in today's experience. To start, here's Rick Steves touring my daughter's numero uno destination choice and another place, Catalunya, where some of my favorite artists hail from! 


Basque Government Health Department Head Offices, Bilbao
Check out this building! It's art. 




Girona

The White Village of Casares Sierra, Bermeja, Andalusia





Spain uses the Euro for its currency







Valldemossa Village, Mallorca
 

Valle del Pisueña














Now Rick Steves takes us to explore Northern Spain and the Camino de Santiago - including a run with the bulls in Pamplona!






 




          
Gujus Waterfall, Urkabustaiz










Let's talk about food. Some of the best flavors and foods in this world come from Spain. Here is one top 10, I recognized a couple of the dishes but a couple I was thinking of didn't show up here. 

The tapas craze in the U.S. of A originates in Spain. I personally love it - you get a taste of many things in perfect portions. Pair tapas with some good beverages and it's the perfect dinner date with the girls. (Dudes tend to need more food, tapas are their warm-up!)

Barcelona

Castle of Sant Joan in Lloret del Mar, Costa Brava















Catalonia


Check these out! I'm obsessed.
According to my Google search they are Flores de Tajinaste Rojo


Oh, sure. Barcelona is amazing, so is Madrid and Seville. But there's so much more to Spain. Check out these 12 cities, some of Spain's hidden jewels. 

Flamenco Dance is quintessential Spain...

as is Flamenco Guitar.

Barcelona's La Sagrada Familia or Church of the Holy Family

Bilboa









Majorca

                   

We get a personal tour through Madrid thanks to Rick Steves.

Granada


Madrid




Ronda









Seville
Sierra de Montserrat








Go full on in your *travels* through Spain today by cooking up some traditional foods. You can get some ideas - and recipes - by clicking here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path