Skip to main content

#SaturdaySnapshot




So many small moments - words - actions - looks - lead to the moment you finally see captured by the lens. Sometimes you can see those moments captured, other times you have no idea what happened right before. 

When my brother married his beloved my redheads were flower girls in the wedding. My youngest was 4. We missed naptime but she was hanging in there. As we were getting everyone ready for pictures she started crying. And no amount of pleading and asking and bribes was getting her to stop. Finally, as our last resort we pulled out the bag of fruit snacks and POOF the tears cleared up. She was hungry. OY VEY! If only we had tried the fruit snacks first or if only she had uttered she was needing a snack. So now we have wedding pictures of a blotchy faced flower girl with eyes still slightly damp. Not knowing the story behind the pictures of the cute blotchy faced flower girl might leave one to think she was pouting or throwing a fit for not getting her way or something similar. But the real story is she was hungry and her parents didn't understand that. 

You never know what has happened right before the camera went click. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Call it a Day

The literal use of this phrase hails from 1838 when the phrase originally was "call it half a day" to mean leaving work early. (source) The modern use of the phrase is to indicate ending something due to false sense of accomplishment.