Skip to main content

Day 294: Driving Schools

Today our oldest started a 2 day intensive driving course at a driving school we have here in town. And I am super grateful for their expertise, knowledge, ability, and patience to teach my 16 year old about driving techniques and such that would be harder for the hub or I to teach. I think what makes me the most excited about this opportunity for her is they use skid pads and such to simulate hydroplaning and icy roads and teach the kids how to deal with those situations.  I love that she gets to learn how to respond to those things in a controlled environment unlike me who just had to figure it out the first time it happened! Yes, the driving school is a decent chunk of change but in the long run her knowledge and safety when behind the wheel is priceless AND our insurance will give us a discount on her because of this. It's worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 281