Skip to main content

For Monday, April 29: Grudge Match

Satan seeks a gap called a grudge.  John Piper

Last weekend I talked with the kids in my community about grudges.  In the lives of believers the enemy of our Creator, and therefore us, uses grudges to create divisions, gaps, unforgivenesss, rifts, jealousy, anger, bitterness, etc.  Wherever the enemy of our souls thinks he can wiggle in he will.  Wherever he thinks he can become an obstacle to right behavior,  healthy relationships, and God honoring lives he will.  He seeks weakness in us and takes advantage of it.  And we play into his hands when we allow the grudge that has been birthed to be fed, to grow, to masquerade as truth.  If he finds the gap in your life he will push it wider apart unless you are tuned in to his ways.  Don't allow grudges to be birthed in your life.  Don't allow them to be fed and grow and take over your demeanor and behaviors.  Once you are aware of a grudge in your life take care of it, close the gap it seeks to create before the enemy gets a hold of it...and you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 281