Skip to main content

Embracing Wonder

Imagine all the wondrous things your arms might embrace if they weren't wrapped so tightly around your struggles. Sheila Burke

Are you holding on to the wrong things?  The unhealthy things?  The negative things?  The painful things?  By holding on to those you are unable to hold on to the right things, the healthy things, the positive things, the healing.
I'm not saying to ignore your struggles but I am saying don't let them be the only thing that fills your arms.  Allow yourself to put them down and embrace life.  To fill your arms to capacity with the struggles is your choice.  Nobody is forcing you to do that.  You always have a choice.
What could happen if you embraced life instead?  What would happen if you embraced healthy things instead?  I think part of our unwillingness to let go of the struggles is they have become a comfort for us - as odd as that sounds.  So we are afraid to set down the struggles and pick up something better.  We can't even imagine what would take the place of that which we have such a tight grip on.  But what if we imagined it?  What if we took just a minute and imagined what amazing things might feel our arms if we would set down the struggles.
What would you fill your arms with if you made the choice to set down your struggles?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 281