Skip to main content

It's not you, it's me. Really!

The only problem with seeing people you know is that they know you.  Brent Runyon, The Burn Journals

Boy isn't this the truth.  This is so me - and so typical of an introvert I think, even outgoing ones like me.  I've been places and spotted people I know and I have gone down aisles and backed up and changed my course just so I don't have to interact with them if I'm not feeling up to it.  It almost always has nothing to do with the person but everything to do with me and my preference to be by myself - even in a store full of people.  Maybe you can relate to this - if so you have at least a little introvertness in you.  Maybe you can't relate on any part to this - my guess is you are extroverted.  :)  And both are okay and acceptable.
I love having people in my life, I love having my "circles" but I'm pretty inward, more so than most people guess, and so I crave time by myself and I know when I enter into public I risk seeing someone I know.  And I love knowing people and interacting with them...as long as I can initiate.  If you've ever run into me out and about and initiated with me and I've seemed slightly off and awkward it's most likely because I just wasn't feeling like interacting.  But I have to grocery shop and run errands and so that puts me out there - exposed. :)  So if we've run into each other and I've been weird I'm sorry.  I truly am and I hope you will be believe me when I say "it's not you, it's me."
What about you?  Where do you fall on this balance beam of introvert versus extrovert?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 281

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits