Skip to main content

For Tuesday, June 7: Get your Farmer on

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.  Robert Louis Stevenson

I'm a black thumb.  I always say that if it's not human I can't help to keep it alive.  :)  Seriously.  I follow watering and light directions exactly (or so I believe) and still anything I have planted (and I use that term loosely and if you know me well enough you know what I mean!) or anything given to me to keep alive I manage to kill off.  It's frustrating.
Sometimes my life feels like that.  I imagine you might be nodding your head in agreement.  You know what I'm saying right?  We take time to till the soil, plant the seeds, water and we wait and wait and wait and get nothing.  It could be a relationship, it could be a dream job, it could be a dream, it could be just about anything.  I think part of our problem may be our patience - or lack thereof.  See, the Farmer knows that you plant but then you wait.  The Farmer knows that you can't plant seeds and within hours and days there is a bountiful harvest.  It takes time.  It takes patience.  Sometimes it takes setbacks and so you have to re-group.  At some point, if all the conditions were favorable, a harvest comes.  Where we differ from a literal harvest is this: the Farmer almost always sees the harvest and then is able to reap it.  We may never, in the figurative world, see nor reap the harvest of seeds that we planted and tended to.  ARG.  Right?  :)  This is the exact reason why we cannot judge our days - and the success or "failure" of them - by any sign of harvest.  We just have to be faithful planters.  Quit looking for the shoots of green and just plant.  Plant kindness, plant hope, plant ideas, plant whatever seeds land in your life that will take you toward that harvest you are hoping for.  Take some lessons from the Farmer and get your Farmer on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path