Skip to main content

For Thursday, July 7: Songbird

I have never, ever, in my entire life heard of Eva Cassidy.  Ever.  And then one day my friend, Marcia, says something to the effect of, "Oh hey, you should listen to Eva Cassidy's Songbird."  HUH?  :) So I told her I'd add it to the list and take a listen. 
So it seems Eva had this career but hardly anyone knew about her and then she passed in 1996 from cancer and is perhaps more listened to now than when she was alive.  Isn't it strange how that happens?  People becoming "famous" after they die?  I always feel bad for them in that regard.  Why are they good enough after death and not before?  It's just one of those Murphy's Law sort of things. 
Eva has a very smooth, very pleasant, very strong voice.  Strong enough to do a duet with Michael Bolton on his newest album release! (Trying to figure out how a dead person can sing a duet with a live one?  Technology...)  She reminds me of music from the era of the Carpenter's, etc.  It has that feel and that sound to it.  She played guitar and was very talented, it's too bad she passed on before people really got a chance to hear her. 
Songbird is about love and her love for someone and how the songbirds will come, and I assume sing of it.  It's a very sweet song.  It's very slow and melodic, it makes me feel like I should be sitting on a porch somewhere while watching the day tick by. 
I also included as bonus her rendition of "Somewhere over the rainbow" which is quite beautiful. 
Thanks Marcia for the heads up on Eva! :)

Songbird
Bonus song! Somewhere over the rainbow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 281