Skip to main content

What A Beautiful Day

This song reminds me, us, to celebrate our days with people.  I love how this song celebrates relationships.  It reminds me of a friend, Dan, who regularly posts on Facebook how many months he has been married to his wife and how grateful he is for that.  Too often we get so wrapped up in the day to day grind that we forget to celebrate the presence of people in our lives.  For me this song is a reminder to do that.  When we forget to celebrate people is when we also forget to be grateful for what they add into our lives, when we forget to consider their words, their hearts, and their feelings. 

Let's see, today is right around Lanny and I's 6,205 day together!  I clearly remember day 1, this quiet guy who had a cute butt!  HAHAHAHAHA!  Too much info?  Too bad!  :)  

Have a great Friday and don't forget to celebrate the people in your life today!   

What A Beautiful Day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 281

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits