Skip to main content

Dance with Me

There is something about dancing.  It is intimate and requires a trust.  I had heard years ago from a dance instructor that when single, divorced women come to take ballroom dancing lessons that it is usually very hard for them to trust the male partner they are matched up with.  She had witnessed a lot of tears and sadness as these women danced and learned to trust again.  I found that fact fascinating and as I have thought about it since I have heard it I see how it makes so much sense.  In dancing you are in each other's space and we Americans have a pretty wide circumference to our personal space.  It's about 3 feet all around.  Dancing requires you to get within inches of each other.  That nearness does require a level of trust, comfort, and intimacy. 

God invites us, daily, to dance with him.  He wants to get close, he wants us to trust him, he wants to go throughout each day in sync.  When we dance with him we are communicating that we trust him and he is communicating that we are worthy of being near to.  Some of us don't believe we are worthy of being close to and God wants each of to know that our worth is priceless because of him. 

So he asks, daily, will you dance with me?  The true lover of your soul. 

Dance with Me

*Thanks to one of my bestie's Emilie for shooting this song my way!!  :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 281

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits