Skip to main content

You Are My Sunshine

Happy 40th Birthday to my Sunshine! :) 

I guess this song generally refers to men - women relationships but I have always heard it sung in the context of parent - child relationships or in this case friend to friend relationship!

One of my besties, Sara Lynn Pfaff, has the smile and personality of sunshine in my life (and I suspect in the lives of others as well...).  I call her my Sunshine and I often will sing this song to her (chorus only) over the phone, type it on her FB wall, etc.  Sara's laugh, her beautiful smile, her amazing personality, her generous heart and her love for God make her pure Sunshine.  I love this woman deeply.  Sara and I are besties by God's grace alone, we have quite a friendship testimony.  Ask either one of us about it sometime, we are happy to share! 

Today is Sara's 40th birthday.  She begins a new chapter in the story of her life as she begins a new decade.  I'm excited for her because I believe God is going to do some amazing, unexpected things in her life in this new decade.  She and God are kick starting it by a 7 week missions trip to our beloved Kenya this summer!  I'm thrilled (okay and a bit green with envy) for this opportunity God has placed in front of her! 

Sara, my Sunshine, happiest of days to you.  I love you! 

You Are My Sunshine (Elizabeth Mitchell)
You Are My Sunshine (Grandaddy)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Call it a Day

The literal use of this phrase hails from 1838 when the phrase originally was "call it half a day" to mean leaving work early. (source) The modern use of the phrase is to indicate ending something due to false sense of accomplishment.