Most of us know shalom as peace but in reality, it's true-at-the-core-meaning is actually deep peace. A friend commented to me about shalom recently in regards to me and it made me think of how grateful I am for shalom in my life when I have it. And when I don't have shalom in my life how lost and unmoored I feel. It is possible to have shalom in life even when surface circumstances aren't so peaceful. Shalom has to do with the inner person, the soul. The soul can be at deep peace even when the world around the soul is in turmoil. I'm grateful for when I have that and when I don't? I do what it takes to regain shalom in my life, in my soul.
I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.
Comments
Post a Comment