Skip to main content

#FreshAirFridays


I'm not a big fan of the outdoors - specifically during the daylight hours. If I'm going to be outside I like to be when the light is low, the insects have tucked themselves away for the day (mosquitos don't seem to like the taste of my blood, they generally leave me alone), and I don't perspire (to use the polite term for sweating) as much.

Another reason I like the low light times of day better is because I feel like -whether it is true or not- the air is fresher. When it is cooler it seems better to me. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than hot air.

It seems that Laura Ingalls Wilder didn't need any research to back up what she already knew about sunshine and fresh air. But sometimes we do - in this tech crazy and slightly cynical world. So in case you need some convincing here's a great post from Livestrong about The Effects of Sunlight & Fresh Air on the Body.

Now, don't misunderstand me - I know the importance of the sun and its vitamin D benefits - I did a whole post on it back in January - so I do get outside in the sun from time to time, it's just not my preference, unless the temperatures don't match the intensity of the sun. *grin* So today I'm going to make sure I honor #FreshAirFridays and take advantage of some old-fashioned therapy. I hope you will too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path