Skip to main content

October 24, 2015

Each year on Make a Difference Day, ex-President Jimmy Carter
gets out his hammer and saw,
and helps to build or rebuild housing in underprivileged areas. 
Make a Difference Day
What is one thing you could do today to make a difference? Remember it isn't usually the big, grandiose things but the small, almost unnoticeable things.
It's the largest national day of community service
100 Ways to Make a Difference in Your Community


United Nations Day
The History of the United Nations
Successes and Failures of the United Nations
Interesting facts about the UN

National Bologna Day
When I was a kid one of my favorite sandwiches was white bread, miracle whip, bologna, and Dorito chips...yum!  ;)  In retrospect?  Ugh!  :)
What The Heck Is In Bologna, Anyway?

Who remembers this commercial?



To twist this day around let's instead focus on Bologna, Italy.
Here's some major attractions in the city.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path