Skip to main content

For Tuesday, August 30: My Little Girl

"Daddy's Girl" is a real thing.  I know.  I'm one and my redheads are ones as well.  :) 
There is a special relationship between a Daddy and his little girl (who, btw, will ALWAYS be little in his eyes and heart - just ask my Daddy!  I'm 37 but I'm his little girl).  I think the relationship is unexplainable.  A little girl brings out emotions and behaviors in a Daddy that I think takes most Daddy's by surprise!  All of a sudden shotguns are considered, memories of being a teenager are forgotten, and mistakes made as a teen boy serve as projections for how to parent her.  Admittedly some Dad's handle being a Dad way better than others. 
My hub, Lanny, is a fantastic Daddy.  He waited a long time to have a family and his personality is well-suited to girls rather than boys.  He would agree with me btw.  :)  Anyone who knows Lanny knows how much he loves his little girls.  True, his little girls are 13 and 11 but not to him.  I have to remind him pretty often that they aren't toddlers anymore.  He only pouts a little bit when I remind him.  :)  It's fun to watch him with his girls.  And the adoration?  Oh it's totally mutual.  Our redheaded wonders love their Daddy and I think partly because he's done a great job of being their Dad and not their friend.  (The whole "be their friend not their parent" thing?  Yeah.  That doesn't work.) 
My Daddy (yes, I still call him that - back off) is amazing.  Not only is he amazing with me, his little girl but he is also amazing as a Grandpa (we call him Papa).  The redheads love their Papa and have spent LOTS of time with him as well as Gma.  My Daddy and I are a lot alike in looks and personality and so we get along rather well.  :)  While my Dad is quiet in a lot of his expressions of love he always makes sure that I know he's for me.  A while back he sent me a card in the mail (we live 14 miles apart mind you!) just to let me know that he was for me as I walked through this hard valley I've been in (which I'm basically emerged from for anyone wondering!).  Daddy (and my Mom - who I call Madre, Mommy, Mom, Ma) are great about letting me know that they are for me.  And I don't mind telling people that I am a Daddy's girl 'cause I am and I'm proud of it!  :)
(Oh and a shout out thanks to Misty Huss who shot this song my way!)

My Little Girl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 281