Skip to main content

7x70

Chris August is a gifted artist - vocally and as a musician.  I think he might be rather new on the scene or I've just had my head stuck in the proverbial sand.  :)  He has a lot of great songs to choose from but I went with this one for today.  While it isn't upbeat and peppy it addresses a topic that needs more of a voice in today's society. 
Forgiveness is a work of the heart and of the will in most cases.  Forgiveness is hard.  We have somehow fallen into believing that forgiving a person also excuses them for what they did/said.  That is not the case.  Forgiveness simply provides freedom from resentment, bitterness, grudges, etc.  It excuses nothing, it doesn't "okay" the act or the words.  But it does free you from years of ick.  Unforgiveness becomes a heavy weight around the heart and will drag you down if you don't make the choice to let it go and forgive.  Interacting with someone who refuses to forgive is tedious and usually difficult because unforgiveness makes a person angry, harsh, unpleasant, without grace, hard of heart, and a hoover vacuum of high maintenance.  I have had a lot of experience with people who are lugging around unforgiveness and it is like walking on eggshells.  Who wants to do that or be that?  ICK. 
So.  Chris August addresses the topic of forgiveness as Jesus did in Matthew.  The disciples asked him how many times they were to forgive.  His response?  7x70.  And he didn't mean over the course of a lifetime either.  He meant DAILY if necessary!  See sometimes forgiveness is such a chore and chores usually have to be done on a daily basis.  But in order to be free from the ick I mentioned above isn't it worth it to do the deed of forgiveness as many times as necessary?  I think so, in fact I KNOW so. 
Happy Monday!  (Oh and because it IS Monday and we all need a little silliness on Monday's I included a funny song that Chris did as well!)

7x70
Candy Wrap

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path