Skip to main content

#SunnySunday




When I think about sunshine in the winter months I think about a sunflower raising its face to the sun and following it, soaking in the rays - storing them up for the cloudy days. Even though I'm not an outdoors person, in the winter when the sun shines I do try to get outside and lift my face up toward the sun - much like a sunflower. 

So today #SunnySunday is highlighting the sunflower. I found out some really interesting facts about them. The first super interesting fact I found out was this:

Isn't that fascinating?! Here are some other interesting facts about the sunflower - although I am still the most fascinated by it's ability to clean up nuclear waste! 

Another super fun fact about sunflowers is their mathematical skills, of which I have none so I'm always impressed when math plays a role. *wink* The seeds arranged in the Fibonacci sequence ensures maximum sunlight for each floret. How freaking cool is that?! 

Today would be a great day to get a bouquet of sunflowers to brighten up your space and maybe pop a few sunflower seeds in your mouth. And if the sun is shining where you are at, get outside! And lift your face to the sun, soaking in those rays. 

* #SunnySunday Sneak Peak: Think about hosting a sunshine party next week - if you are going to then send out some invites - nothing fancy, just casual.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path