Skip to main content

Day 348: Behind the Scenes

Today I spent the day with a dear friend who is getting married in two weeks.  We've been friends for 4 years, I think, and in that time I was honored enough to watch her and her fiance, who is also a good friend of mine, meet and fall in like and then love.  I kinda sorta have a crush on them (don't worry, they know). So today I spent the day helping her and her man get all that is swirling in their brains about the wedding out onto paper so we can really get it organized. She's asked me to help behind the scenes the day of the wedding and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve her and her man in this way.  I am grateful, in part, because I love doing behind the scenes work and I am decent at it so that seems to be helpful to people I am working on behalf of.  :)  I feel grateful to be of use to people in this way because even if I don't lift a physical finger I can be a good sounding board and I am able to follow the train of thought when it jumps from track to track.  When people trust me to accomplish something on their behalf behind the scenes I always feel grateful for the chance to do it.  I consider it an act of love, it's one way I show people how much I love them.  (Gee, do you think that acts of service may be a love language of mine?! *wink*)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path