Skip to main content

Day 4: My Redheaded Songbird

I'm not sure that there are better ways to really kick off your day than to sit in a room and listen to your child in the next room pick out on the piano "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera and sing along with it perfectly.  Her piano playing is natural and instinctual and her voice, well if you've heard it then you know, it is sublime.  I sat in the next room this morning and listened to this gifted child of mine playing and singing this incredibly difficult piece of music and I cried.  It was so beautiful tears filled my eyes and once again awe filled me.  I'm grateful for her gift that blesses us and others and for the gift she is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 281