Skip to main content

Where there is Faith

Faith.  It's an interesting topic.  It's a controversial topic.  I've been thinking about it lately in the context of terms I have heard people use when referring to faith.  "Crutch", "For those who are weak", "Ignorant", "Religious", "Pious", etc.  HUH.  I think about my circle of friends who claim faith and none of those terms come to mind.  Quite the opposite in fact.  See I think it takes a strong person to have faith.  To claim they can believe in someone whom they have never seen nor talked to.  I know it takes strength for ME to believe, to choose to trust in a God whose ways I don't always understand.  I'm glad that when challenges come up in my life I have God to look at to get me through.  Some might think I am weak by doing that, I say who is it hurting?  If I get through the challenge with peace then who is it really hurting?  I find it interesting that people are threatened by people who have faith in God.  Let me make it even more personal; How am I threatening you?  By leaning on a God who I believe is carrying me through life?  Does that hurt you or me?  And if you believe it hurts me then investigate it for me to prove me wrong.  But I've live a fair amount of life so far and to date God hasn't let me down.  Oh lots of people have but God?  No.  He's been right there, carrying me through.  Where there is faith in God there is a heart secure.  I can't say that about anyone else. 

Where there is Faith

(Song submitted by my friend, Patti.  Thanks girl!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path