Skip to main content

May 5, 2015

Cinco de Mayo Day
What is cinco de mayo? 
Cinco de Mayo Food (probably more American Mexican than authentic but...)
Here's some food that is a bit more authentic

National Hoagie Day
The History of Hoagies (and all of its various names)
When I hear the word hoagie I think of...
The Dagwood













Oyster Day
National Geographic: Oysters
Pearl Oysters
How are pearls made in the oyster?

How to eat (and taste) oysters
How to enjoy oysters at home

World Asthma Day
What is asthma?
Symptoms, Diagnosis, Management, and Treatment
Asthma Triggers and Management: Tips to Remember

Ferret Day
The American Ferret Association 
What is a ferret?
Here's what you need to know before you buy a ferret as your newest companion

Cartoonist Day
The History of Cartoons & Comics
The first ever color cartoon ever published that was successful














One of my favorite cartoons, Calvin & Hobbes. What's yours?













National Teacher's Day
A Short History on Teaching
Who was the most influential teacher in your life?  Have you ever thanked them?  If not, or even if you have already, thank them today!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 281