Skip to main content

October 4, 2015

Change a Light Day
Change out your bulbs today to ones that are rated for energy efficiency.  And as an extra tip, when you leave a room turn off the light!  That saves energy as well. *wink*

Taco Day
I love tacos. A lot.
There are so many things you can do with them and so many ways to enjoy them.
Breakfast Tacos
Lunch and Dinner Tacos
Dessert Tacos
My mouth is watering.

Vodka Day
The Origin of Vodka
Get a bunch of the little bottles of different flavors to celebrate. :)
100 of the Best Vodka Drink Recipes
Vodka Gummy Bears
The World’s 17 Craziest Vodka Flavors

Improve Your Office Day
Pre-decoration
Since April 2013 I've had an office space to call my own and to "personalize." About 9 months in I finally hung up a calendar I had bought with pictures I liked. But I have these two big blank walls, well actually three, that just sit there. I could care less. Finally at the end of 2014 my COO asked if he could hang a large clock from IKEA on the largest blank wall. I gave permission, clearly I had done nothing with the space!  I like the clock and it serves as a joke. I guess I just don't care. Yes I spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in this space but it's not my life. But just about a month ago I finally sucked it up and decorated. There were so many ways I could have gone and when I finally decided on my "theme" I took it as far as I thought I could!  I used my office space walls to tell a story of what is sunshine on my cloudy days and to remind me of what's the most important to my heart.

What about you? Do you live in an office space or cubicle that you have or haven't personalized? Today is a day to make a change if you would like!

12 Ways to Pimp Your Office (if your company has no spending limits, is progressive enough to be okay with these ideas, and has the space)
10 SEEEEERIOUSLY Cool Workplaces
20 Cheap Design Hacks to Improve Your Office Space
Tips on Decorating Your Office Space

Ship in a Bottle Day
How did ships end up in bottles?
How to Make a Ship in a Bottle
How do you get the ship IN the bottle?!

World Animal Day
Today was set aside in conjunction with the Feast Day of St Francis of Assisi.
St Francis of Assisi was a champion of God's creation, especially animals.
Blessing of the Animals
I confess. I'm a HUGE fan of St Francis of Assisi.  I love the ministry he had and how it has continued into today. I didn't know much about him until I watched a movie about him a few years ago.  It made me an even bigger fan of his!



National Golf Day


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships