Skip to main content

October 19, 2015

Evaluate Your Life Day 

"The unexamined life is not worth living." Socrates

Take some time to be honest with yourself about yourself.  Nobody else needs to know what you see in your evaluations, but in the interest of growth and character development be brave enough to evaluate yourself.

All for What? Evaluate Your Life Day

Here's some questions to consider as you evaluate your life:

  1. Am I happy with where I'm at in my life right now?
  2. What am I passionate about? What am I doing to pursue my passion?
  3. Who and what things are weighing me down that I need to get rid of? How will I do it?
  4. What do I need to forgive myself for? 
  5. When did I feel most alive this year? What was sacred about that moment?
  6. What self-love actions can I practice on a daily basis?
  7. What do I want to let go of? (i.e. self-doubt, fear, self-critical thoughts)
  8. What do I want to dedicate 2016 to? (i.e. artistic pursuits, independence, etc)
  9. What did I learn about myself in 2015?
  10. What did 2015 represent to me on my path?

5 Ways to Reflect, Refocus, and Renew Your Life

Clean Your Virtual Desktop Day
According to Forrester Research there are over 1 billion computers in use today. All major operating systems have a "virtual desktop" littered with icons for things we no longer need or use, or could be put away in a better place. If every one of those computers had just 10 extra icons on the desktop, the space they are consuming is the equivalent of 169 acres (69 hectares) of wasted desktop space!

So don't delay - take a few minutes today and clean off your virtual desktop. Like a real desktop, a clean desktop will help keep your mind clear and uncluttered and you will be able to find things much easier. (source)

Organize!  Delete unnecessary files! Gain back some memory on your hard drive!  Set up a calendar and reminder tasks so you can keep the desktop cleaner from now on.

Get Organized: Clean Up Your Virtual Desktop - great article, it includes links and tips on digital folders, your email inbox, how to think about data in order to organize it, etc.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships