Skip to main content

October 30, 2015

National Candy Corn Day
The History of Candy Corn: A Halloween Candy Favorite
9 Things You Didn't Know About Candy Corn
Where Our Love/Hate Relationship With Candy Corn Comes From

Checklist Day
A checklist is a type of informational job aid used to reduce failure by compensating for potential limits of human memory and attention. It helps to ensure consistency and completeness in carrying out a task. A basic example is the "to do list." A more advanced checklist would be a schedule, which lays out tasks to be done according to time of day or other factors. (source)
Any kind of checklist you would ever want
The Checklist Manifesto

Create a Great Funeral Day
A few years ago a friend advised me to create my memorial service (funeral) playlist, songs, and scriptures or readings.  I thought it made sense so I've been mentally thinking it through for years but haven't committed it to "ink." Today I'm going to commit some of it to "paper" so at least there will be something should I fly away unexpectedly.
(Version linked to song title) Amazing Grace, How Great Thou Art, I am found in You, Doxology, I AM
There's more, clearly music says for me what I cannot seem to find the words to say myself.  I'm going to continue working on it!

Mischief Night
What is mischief?
You could watch this movie instead of engaging in mischief that could cause trouble.
In high school the kind of mischief we caused was toilet papering someone's house. I can't remember that I did anything else!

Frankenstein Friday
The Creator of Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
A summary of Frankenstein
A List of Movies Based on Frankenstein, 1910-1994


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships