Skip to main content

For Tuesday, August 30: My Little Girl

"Daddy's Girl" is a real thing.  I know.  I'm one and my redheads are ones as well.  :) 
There is a special relationship between a Daddy and his little girl (who, btw, will ALWAYS be little in his eyes and heart - just ask my Daddy!  I'm 37 but I'm his little girl).  I think the relationship is unexplainable.  A little girl brings out emotions and behaviors in a Daddy that I think takes most Daddy's by surprise!  All of a sudden shotguns are considered, memories of being a teenager are forgotten, and mistakes made as a teen boy serve as projections for how to parent her.  Admittedly some Dad's handle being a Dad way better than others. 
My hub, Lanny, is a fantastic Daddy.  He waited a long time to have a family and his personality is well-suited to girls rather than boys.  He would agree with me btw.  :)  Anyone who knows Lanny knows how much he loves his little girls.  True, his little girls are 13 and 11 but not to him.  I have to remind him pretty often that they aren't toddlers anymore.  He only pouts a little bit when I remind him.  :)  It's fun to watch him with his girls.  And the adoration?  Oh it's totally mutual.  Our redheaded wonders love their Daddy and I think partly because he's done a great job of being their Dad and not their friend.  (The whole "be their friend not their parent" thing?  Yeah.  That doesn't work.) 
My Daddy (yes, I still call him that - back off) is amazing.  Not only is he amazing with me, his little girl but he is also amazing as a Grandpa (we call him Papa).  The redheads love their Papa and have spent LOTS of time with him as well as Gma.  My Daddy and I are a lot alike in looks and personality and so we get along rather well.  :)  While my Dad is quiet in a lot of his expressions of love he always makes sure that I know he's for me.  A while back he sent me a card in the mail (we live 14 miles apart mind you!) just to let me know that he was for me as I walked through this hard valley I've been in (which I'm basically emerged from for anyone wondering!).  Daddy (and my Mom - who I call Madre, Mommy, Mom, Ma) are great about letting me know that they are for me.  And I don't mind telling people that I am a Daddy's girl 'cause I am and I'm proud of it!  :)
(Oh and a shout out thanks to Misty Huss who shot this song my way!)

My Little Girl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships