Skip to main content

For Monday, August 29: Hold Me Together

This is Royal Tailor's second appearance on the experiment.  Pretty good considering they are brand spanking new on the music scene.  I featured their other popular song "Make a Move" earlier this summer. 
I actually heard today's song first.  It played on the radio as I traveled home from work one night and I thought, "That is a great song!"  If you know me well then you know why I thought so...the lyrics, of course!!  :)
If you want the background on Royal Tailor then click here and pop over to my previous entry about them. 
"Hold Me Together" is that cry to God that we sometimes hear ourselves saying out loud.  C'mon.  You know there are days that you need someone or something to hold you together because you are just at the end.  Like today was for me.  By 7:30 am my day had gone to hell in a hand basket and I was so over the day!  Problem was it was just getting started!  I definitely needed some holding together by Mercy.  I was wondering if God's love really could and would redeem the day from hell.  :)  Okay.  I'm being a little dramatic because the reality is that I DO know that God's love was so in my day (although I admit I don't really see how but that's okay - just because you don't or can't see evidence of God's love doesn't mean it is absent or doesn't exist).  But still, it was a rough day and really the only "thing" holding me together was God.  Have you ever had a day or even life season like that?  Where you just were hoping that God and all he is was going to hold you together because you knew you weren't successful?  Here's the thing.  God can and will hold you together.  He trumps anything other kind of "glue" you might try!

Hold Me Together

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships