Skip to main content

For Saturday, August 27: I Am Found In You

So we are closing in on the end of my experiment and I'm obviously slowing WAY down on getting these out every day, funny how life has interfered GREATLY - actually funny how a dead laptop brings my online life to almost a complete halt!  :) 
I know.  Steven Curtis Chapman "just" made an appearance on this blog about 21 entries ago but you know what?  My blog so I can do what I want!  :)
This is one of my absolute favorites from SCC.  It's not a well-known one.  As far as I know it never got radio play and it's kind of hidden on an album of mostly remakes of his other works.  But I love it.  I have been known to put just this song on repeat and play it over and over and over.  And then repeat the repeat!
This song should definitely go on the soundtrack of my life.  I am found in him.  I'm built, no I'm CREATED to be found in him because he is the one who created me.  In my experience what causes me and others to doubt our place in Christ is when we come up against a crisis of our faith.  When things happen that we don't like, when circumstances are painful and confusing.  Those kinds of things cause us to question God - his reality, his existence, his character, his very Being.  So we start trying to be found in other relationships or other things (drugs, excessive alcohol, overeating, etc).  But the reality is that none of those things have given me security.  I can't look at any one of the things or people that I have attempted to replace God with and honestly say, "Yep I'm found in _________."  But I can and have always been able to look at God and say I am found in him. 
"SO WHERE ELSE COULD I TURN
AND WHERE ELSE WOULD I GO
YOU HAVE GIVEN ME LIFE
YOU HAVE MADE ME WHOLE
YOU HAVE RESCUED MY SOUL
SO WHERE ELSE WOULD I GO
FOR I AM FOUND IN YOU"

I Am Found In You

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships