Skip to main content

December 21, 2015

Humbug Day
Yes, it's exactly what you think.
Bah Humbug!
Think outside of the box: it's a candy, it's an album by the Artic Monkeys, it is a video game (a rather old one), and it's a bag.

National Flashlight Day
The Invention of the Flashlight

I like playing flashlight hide and go seek, flashlight tag, or exploring with a flashlight.

My favorite memory of flashlights is from 2007. We had these wind up flashlights on a trip to Kenya. The power had gone out at the place we were staying. After a moment or two of silence the sound of wind up flashlights echoed throughout the halls.  We all had picked up and started winding up those flashlights at the same time! Following the sound of the wind up?  Our giggles.



Look on the Bright Side Day

This holiday is a little tongue in cheek since today also happens to be the shortest daylight day of the year! So while it may get dark way earlier than any of us would like you can still look at the bright side!




Free Shipping Day
Shipping is pricey!  Once I shipped something to a family member and the shipping cost was equal to the cost of the gift! Ridiculous. I know they have to pay for fuel and employees but wow, to ship something these days is crazy.
Today is free shipping for online ordering, or so I'm told. :)  I'm also a fan of paying the annual Amazon Prime fee, it's totally worth it. It gives you free two day shipping and access to their online media streaming.  (And no, I did not get paid for that little plug! ha!)
But today, if the free shipping is true then today is the day to order what you need off the internet - as gifts for others or something you may need.

Crossword Puzzle Day
The History of the Crossword Puzzle
Crossword Puzzles are great for a brain work out and keeping the gears oiled. 


International Dalek Remembrance Day
The Entire History of Daleks




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.