Skip to main content

November 15, 2015

I Love to Write Day
Do You Like or Love to Write?
Short Story Tips: 10 Ways to Improve Your Creative Writing
16 Ways to Improve Your Writing Skills
The most enjoyable way to improve your writing skills

Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
Caring for the Kitchen Workhorse: The refrigerator is one of the hardest working appliances in your home -- and one that often takes a beating. It's subject to spills, varied odors, and overcrowding, and it's the one appliance that never gets a rest. A clean refrigerator promises to keep food fresher, so do your best to maintain the cleanliness of this kitchen workhorse. (source)
Speed-Clean Your Refrigerator Checklist
How to Clean the Refrigerator
How often should you clean your refrigerator?





National Philanthropy Day
I love what philanthropy means!  Philanthropy (from Greek φιλανθρωπία) etymologically means "love of humanity" in the sense of caring, nourishing, developing and enhancing "what it is to be human" on both the benefactors' (by identifying and exercising their values in giving and volunteering) and beneficiaries' (by benefiting) parts.
How America's Most Powerful Philanthropists Share Power
Global Philanthropists Circle















America Recycles Day
National Recycling Coalition
Why is Recycling Important?
America Recycles Toolkit
Recycling: The Big Picture







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

Today I want to celebrate transformation - the work we have each put in day after day, month after month, year after year to become not who we were. Let me say this - there is no shame in who we were because that was the hurt us - the baggage laden us - the angry us. And we've done the work so let's celebrate who we aren't and who we now are!  The song above is all about being transformed - from the choices to let go of pain and find healing. It inspired something called cardboard testimonies which I personally love. A way to share your story in one or two sentences/phrases. I don't know about you but I love not being who I was. I still have work to do but I love looking back and seeing the transformation I've gone through thus far. 




Here's some inspiration - yes, a lot of it is faith based (okay maybe all of it) but if you don't subscribe to a faith that's okay! You still have a cardboard testimony. 








#FRIENDSFriday

So in case *you* didn't know...I have a wee obsession with the TV show Friends. Nothing that requires an intervention...well at least I don't think so. *wink*

Today's #FRIENDSFriday is all about how well do you, or I, know the show? It's time for a little Friends Trivia!


And in keeping with the trivia focus today here's a clip of one of my most favorite episodes of Friends that features one of the best games of trivia ever!

[Part 1]

[Part 2]



#SentimentalSunday

sen·ti·men·tal
/ˌsen(t)əˈmen(t)l/
adjective
of or prompted by feelings of tenderness, sadness, or nostalgia.



Watching my brothers become Uncles - thanks to my oldest redhead - has been one of the best things in my life. It was through their interactions with her from the moment she was born until present day that made me see the men they were growing up to be and what kind of Father's they would be to their own children someday. It takes nothing at all for me to think back to those days when she was an itty-bitty and my brothers - who had no experience with babies - took on soothing her when she cried, changing her diapers, helping feed her, and just snuggling. Mushy gushy heart.

What makes you sentimental today?