Skip to main content

September 7, 2015

Neither Rain Nor Snow Day
"Neither snow nor rain not heat nor gloom of night, stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." Inscribed on the first New York Post Office Building which opened this day in 1914.
So once again the holiday is not what it seems! I love that!  I love the out of the box holidays.
The larger purpose of today is for all of us to thank the postal carriers for faithful delivery no matter what the weather.

Salami Day
The History of Salami
If you are a big fan of Salami then you might want to check out this Salami Club of the Month

Boss/Employee Exchange
Have you ever wanted to be the Boss for a day and make them be the Employee for the day?  Maybe your Boss will go for a switch today!  Swap job descriptions and desks and see what it's like to be in each other's shoes for a day.  If that isn't possible then maybe the two of you can exchange ideas about making things easier or more productive for both of you.  Personally, I would NOT want to switch jobs, even for a day, with my Boss. I wonder if he would want to do mine for a day?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path